Is He Who Has Most Likes Right?
- Where: Václav Havel Library, Ostrovní 13, Prague 110 00
- When: December 7, 2017, 16:30 – 18:00
9th year (2017)
In 2017 Vaclav Havel Library received total 65 students´ essays. Participating students came from 33 Czech secondary schools located in 10 different regions of the Czech Republic. The topic of the competition in 2017 was: Is He Who Has Most Likes Right? In the essays students wrote about the impact of social networks on our lives, about the term „truth“ and a rising populism in the current society.
This year’s jury has been comprised of the following figures from Czech public life:
- Bianca Bellová, writer and translator
- Štěpán Hulík, film historian and script writer
- Daniel Konrád, journalist
- Silvie Lauder, journalist
- Jan Němec, writer and editor
- 1st Place: Prokop ONDRÁČEK, Arcibiskupské gymnázium v Kroměříži
- 2nd Place: Daniel FRIEDRICH, Gymnázium Elišky Krásnohorské, Praha
- 3rd Place: Jan JIROUŠ, Střední škola knižní kultury, Praha
- 3rd Place: Miroslav LŽIČAŘ, Gymnázium Jana Keplera, Praha
- Amálie Vystavělová, The English College in Prague
- Mgr. Pavlína Krupová, Gymnázium Oty Pavla v Praze – for pedagogical support of students in the area of critical thinking and writing
Ceremonial announcement of the results of the annual Vaclav Havel Library Best Student Essay Competition took place 7.12. 2017 in Vaclav Havel Library, Prague. The competitions was supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic.