Václav Havel European Dialogues
Foto © Ondřej Němec
The Václav Havel European Dialogues is an international project that aims to initiate and stimulate a discussion about issues determining the direction of contemporary Europe while referring to the European spiritual legacy of Václav Havel. This idea takes its main inspiration from Václav Havel’s essay “Power of the Powerless”. More than other similarly focused projects, the Václav Havel European Dialogues aims to offer the “powerless” a platform to express themselves and in so doing to boost their position within Europe.
The Václav Havel European Dialogues is planned as a long-term project and involves cooperation with other organisations in various European cities. Individual meetings, which take the form of a conference, are targeted primarily at secondary and third-level students, as well as specialists and members of the public interested in European issues.
The EU between Yesterday and Tomorrow, Prague, May 20, 2019
- The Czech Republic at the European Crossroads, Prague, May 14, 2018
- Jacques Rupnik, Pavel Seifter (eds.): Europe at the Crossroads: Democracy, Neighbourhoods, Migrations
- Where Does Europe Begin and End? Prague, May 15, 2017
- Europe Facing its Migration and Refugee Challenges: EU, Nation States and Civic Society Prague, May 30, 2016
- Europe’s Unstable Eastern Neighbourhood: What role for Civil Society? Brusel, November 18, 2015
- Time for European Politics Prague, May 29–30 2015
- Lessons in democracy since 1989: A source of Inspiration for Ukraine and Tunisia? Brussels, November 13, 2014
- Conference Dispute over Europe Berlin, May 2 and September 18–19, 2014
- Václav Havel European Dialogues with Joachim Gauck Prague, May 7, 2014
- Europe and Ukraine: Cohesion and Extension, the Double Challenge facing the Union Bruges, April 4, 2014
- Citizen, Power and Democracy in the European Crisis Prague, February 21–22, 2014